What is Bytefence.com?
Bytefence.com is classified as a browser hijacker because it will change your homepage and default search engine the moment it reaches your PC. If your homepage looks something like that: http://search.bytefence.com/, then you know that you have to remove Bytefence.com from your computer’s system. By the way, no user is safe from Bytefence.com infection because it can hijack all of the most popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Your prefered homepage may be also changed into this long link: us.search.yahoo.com/yhs/web?hspart=btf&hsimp=yhs-002&type=btf_coinis. Some computer users may still trust the search results provided by Bytefence.com because the hijacker redirects to well known Yahoo! search engine. However, you should know that the program infiltrates the search engine’s results with various advertisements. The commercial material may lead you to infected websites in no time; therefore, protect your computer and take care of Bytefence.com removal. Have we already mentioned that one click on the wrong website is enough for your PC to be damaged? Well, you need to be careful because it is.
In addition, Bytefence.com will collect information about your Internet browsing habits; for instance, your IP Address, operating system, browser type and version; the software also uses the files and URLs you upload for scanning on the program.We have to warn you that if you do not uninstall Bytefence.com, your personal information may reach third parties.
How can Bytefence.com hijack my computer’s system?
As many other browser hijackers, Bytefence.com reaches your computer via bundled malicious installers. If you choose to install freeware from unknown websites, you need to be especially careful. Many developers of suspicious programs choose “bundling” as their main applications’ distribution method because many computer users do not follow the installation process. If you are used to click “next” without reading anything on the Installation Wizard, you should start paying attention to the checker boxes. Options that ask whether you want additional programs in your PC may appear during the installation. You need to pay special attention to Advanced and Custom buttons because this is where unwanted programs usually hide. If you think that the hijacker has reached your computer via bundled freeware, you need to delete Bytefence.com for sure. You should never trust programs that find your PC without your explicit authorization.
How can I remove Bytefence.com from my PC?
Bytefence.com will bring no benefit to your internet browsers; thus, it is for the very best to delete Bytefence.com from your computer once and for all. Bytefence.com removal may not be easy because the program cannot be uninstalled through control panel. However, you can fix your computer manually via browser settings. If you want to eliminate Bytefence.com this way, you can follow our manual removal instructions bellow this article. However, manual removal does not reassure that all the unwanted programs that probably have come to the computer together with Bytefence.com will be erased.
You can also delete Bytefence.com automatically by installing a reliable malware removal software. This Antispyware will also protect your computer from similar threats in the future.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall bytefence.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall bytefence.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.