What is DownSpeedTest Toolbar?
DownSpeedTest Toolbar (http://www.downspeedtest.com) is a browser hijacker that changes your default search, homepage, and new tab windows to questionable websites. This may infect your computer’s system with malicious software. In order to protect your computer, we suggest that you delete DownSpeedTest Toolbar and any other doubtful programs from your PCs system. DownSpeedTest Toolbar is a free Internet speed testing toolbar that advertises itself as fast, easy to use and reliable. However, many users choose to erase DownSpeedTest because after the installation they find their homepages and default search engines changed without their consent.
How does the DownSpeedTest Toolbar work?
DownSpeedTest Toolbar is another toolbar from Mindspark toolbar family. Most often you can get DownsSpeedTest virus and similar hijackers from the official websites. Another common way is to download it bundled with other freeware. Therefore, you should follow carefully DownSpeedTest Toolbar’s installation process. The toolbar will assume that you agree to change your default search and homepage set, if you do not uncheck two boxes during the installation process. They are not so easy to notice because they are usually hidden in the additional options, for example Advanced and Custom settings. The irritating thing is that if you leave these options unselected, you may have even more problems than changed default search and homepage. For example, your new tab windows may get redirected to questionable websites. Furthermore, DownSpeedTest Toolbar can install more programs that contain malicious software. Many users choose to remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar from their PC’s because of the reasons mentioned above. We recommend you to get rid of DownSpeedTest Toolbar before it causes more damage to your computer.
If you think that above mentioned reasons are not enough to delete DownSpeedTest Toolbar, you really need to read this paragraph. DownSpeedTest Toolbar is also known for spying its users and collecting data about them. The hijacker observes your browsing habits and gathers your personal information. If you do not remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar, it may violate the user’s privacy and find out your find out your IP address, PC’s location, email address, and a a lot of other sensitive information without your knowledge. Furthermore, if you do not get rid of DownSpeedTest Toolbar, it may cause serious computer’s system slowdowns and all kinds of security fails. At this moment you probably believe that it is for the best to erase DownSpeedTest Toolbar from your PCs system. Thus, the next paragraph will explain how to do that and protect your computer from other possible malware.
How to remove DownSpeedTest Toolbar?
The best way to erase DownSpeedTest Toolbar is to use a trustworthy anti-spyware. This will make sure that there are no dangerous leftovers in your PC that may attract malicious software and cause serious problems. However, if you choose to delete DownSpeedTest Toolbar manually, here are the instructions:
First, uninstall DownSpeedTest Toolbar and related programs
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Open the Start menu
- Select Control Panel
- Find Programs and press the underlined Uninstall a Program
- Right-click the Start menu (in the lower left corner)
- Choose Control Panel
- Find Programs and click the underlined Uninstall a Program
Uninstall DownSpeedTest and related programs
- Search for DownSpeedTest Toolbar or
- Look for other lately installed questionable programs, such as, Babylon Toolbar, Search Protect by conduit or WebCake 3.00
- Uninstall the programs and click OK
Mac OS X
- Select Go button at the top left and choose Applications (on your left)
- Find DownSpeedTest Toolbar, click it and select Move to Trash
- Search for any other recently installed programs and Move to Trash all the suspicious ones
- Questionable programs are: Babylon Toolbar, Search Protect by conduit and WebCake 3.00
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.