What is Govome Search?
Govome Search is classified as a browser hijacker. It looks like a regular search tool, however, its main purpose is not to present you with relevant search results. Instead, the hijacker aims at promoting its sponsor pages. That is how its developers make profit. The hijacker is usually accompanied by a potentially unwanted application, which you can acquire via a freeware bundle. It modifies browser settings as soon as it gets installed. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker, so you should not be hesitant about its removal. We suggest that you terminate Govome Search and its related program as soon as you can.
How does Govome Search work?
Once Govome Search enters your system, it sets Govome.com as your home page and default search engine. The website contains a search box and search parameters. When you enter a query into the box, you get redirected to govome.inspsearch.com. The results of the search include ads and sponsored links. You will also see advertising content on other pages that you visit. The sites may have nothing to do with online shopping, but the hijacker will still insert adverts into them. We advise that you stay away from these commercials as they may be unsafe. If you do not want to risk your computer’s security, you should get rid of Govome Search.
Another important aspect to know about the hijacker is that its developer, Big Journey, employs tracking cookies to collect information about your browsing activities such as your visited pages, made searches and so on. This data can be used to personalize the ads you see online and make them appear more useful to you. You should also keep in mind that because of the excess commercial data, your Internet speed will noticeably decrease. If you want to go back to normal uninterrupted browsing, you should terminate Govome Search.
How to remove Govome Search?
If you wish to remove Govome Search from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its associated application and restore your browser settings. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose to eliminate Govome Search manually, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below. If, however, you want to go with a more effective solution, you can download the anti-malware tool provided on our page. It will scan your system, detect all of its issues and erase Govome Search along with them. It will also allow you to surf the Web safely without having to worry about other Internet-based threats.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Govome Search Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Govome Search from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.