What is Hao123.com?
If you open your favorite browser and find hao123.com instead of your homepage and default search provider, you can be quite sure that you have been attacked by a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers change the settings of your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer thus infiltrating your PC without your consent. The developer of this particular hijacker is Baidu, a Chinese company, and you can clearly see it if you type hao123.com into your search bar. The English version that you’ve probably got is en.hao123.com. When you first see it, it looks like an unusual page: it has an abundance of various links that are classified into categories. You can see shortcuts to social links like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, Music&Video links like Youtube and IMDB, News links like CNN, and so on. You may think at first – well, this looks like a useful homepage to have. But please don’t get deceived: hao123 carries more threats than meets the eye.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
How can Hao123.com be dangerous to me?
The danger of Hao123 comes from the advertisements that this page displays. Even the homepage includes a number of ads that lead to third-party websites which can never be trusted. Usually, browser hijackers claim not to be responsible for the content and actions of the third-parties, so you might be exposed to infected websites. Remember not to click pop-ups, in-text ads, banners, and coupons that you see in order not to get malware and virus infections – you already have one browser hijacker, and you definitely don’t need any more! In addition, this hijacker causes redirections to unknown websites with even more advertisements. This is not only dangerous, but also annoying. Furthermore, the search provider uses the results of Google, Yahoo, Bing, or other search engines, so it is useless on its own. There may be some sponsored links presented as legitimate results so that you would click them by accident. Lastly, the browser hijacker collects non-personal information like search history, IP addresses, language, etc. You may never know where this info may end up. One thing is sure – the info is used to generate even more ads related to your interests! Uninstall Hao123.com and you will be safe from these threats.
How did my PC get infected with Hao123.com?
It is most likely that you got infected with Hao123 via free software bundles. When you install freeware and shareware, you have to be careful and opt for Custom or Advanced installation so that any unwanted programs wouldn’t infiltrate your PC system. Various browser extensions and malware may have come along, so after you delete Hao123.com you have to scan the PC.
How to remove Hao123.com safely?
It’s possible to remove Hao123.com manually. But, as it was mentioned before, there may be other creepy things hiding in your PC, so the best way to get the job done is investing into a good spyware removal tool and scanning your computer. A good program will not only detect all the malware, but will also eradicate it. Remember that you have to scan your PC regularly in order to be as safe as possible.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Hao123.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Hao123.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.