What is Boxo-search.com?
A browser hijacker named Boxo-search.com is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers which means that it will alter home page and default search tool in all of them. Additionally, the intruder will flood your windows with annoying banners, pop-ups, in-text ads, etc. which, unfortunately, cannot be trusted. We warn you that as long as this application is in your computer, you will not be able to trust the provided links and ads, because any of them can belong to cyber crooks and expose you to malicious content. We recommend not to risk your computer’s safety and to terminate Boxo-search.com as soon as possible.
What does Boxo-search.com do?
First of all, you should understand how such suspicious application manged to sneak into your system. It seems that in most cases, this hijacker travels in freeware bundles. If you often download programs from untrustworthy sources, you most likely installed this application alongside your latest free of charge software. In the future, in order to avoid these infiltrations, choose Advanced or Custom option and deselect all the additional software.
The most important thing to understand about browser hijackers is that they can easily fill your PC with all kinds of viruses, Trojans, and other infections. As we already said, it will present you with tons of sponsored links and ads. The problem is that if you click one of them, you can find yourself in a suspicious or even malignant page. The consequences of such an excursion can be hazardous to your system which is why we advise to remove Boxo-search.com from your computer.
Another thing you need to be aware of is the tracking this suspicious application starts once it enters your PC. It collects your search queries, IP address, visited pages, geographical location, operating system type, and so on. The gathered data is used when the hijacker floods you with advertisements. You will notice that they correspond very well with your latest activities online. However, the truly disturbing thing is that the hijacker uses the data not only for the personalization, but also shares it with the third parties. In order to stop the spying, delete Boxo-search.com.
How to remove Boxo-search.com?
To delete Boxo-search.com, you need to choose either automatic or manual option. If you do not wish to waste your time, you should pick automatic Boxo-search.com removal. For that you will need to buy an up-to-date computer security software. A legitimate anti-spyware will clean your entire system and will also ensure that no other similar intruder sneaks in again. However, you can also attempt to remove Boxo-search.com manually. For that we prepared detailed instructions on how to terminate Boxo-search.com from your system
- Press Windows key + X at the same time.
- Open Control Panel.
- Tap Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Boxo-search.com.
- Access Start menu.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Boxo-search.com.
- Click the Remove button.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Tap Start button on the Taskbar.
- Select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program.
- Select the undesirable program.
- Click Uninstall to delete Boxo-search.com.
Eliminate Boxo-search.com from your PC
- Tap Alt+F and open Tools.
- Pick Extensions and remove the unwanted extensions.
- Choose Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Navigate to Set pages and delete/change the home page. Click OK.
- Choose Manage Search Engines and overwrite remove the search tool.
- Press Done and restart Google Chrome.
- Press Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
- Open Toolbars and Extensions and delete undesirable extensions.
- Select Search Providers, eliminate the unwanted search tool and choose another as your default.
- Save changes and leave the window. Tap Alt+X and move to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, overwrite your home page and click OK.
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A and access Extensions.
- Erase suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options. Go to the General tab.
- Overwrite the home page and click OK. Close the menu.
- Tap the icon in the search box and move to Manage Search engines.
- Terminate the unwanted search engine and choose another one.
- Click OK.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.