What is CrossBrowser?
CrossBrowser is classified as a potentially unwanted application, which is identical to BoBrowser. Both of these programs were developed by ClaraLabSoftware. CrossBrowser does not have an official website, where it could be downloaded. This means that the software gets distributed through freeware and shareware bundles. It is known to travel together with such potentially-unwanted and ad-supported applications as WordProser, VuuPC, PicColor, DesktopDock and some others. These type of programs often enter computer systems silently. If you never wanted to acquire any of them, you should get rid of CrossBrowser and other unnecessary applications.
How does CrossBrowser work?
CrossBrowser was created using Chromium engine, therefore it has certain similarities with Google Chrome. This may confuse some computer users, especially because the unwanted program deletes Google Chrome shortcut and replaces it with its own. Soon enough, however, they realize that they are using a different browser. CrossBrowser is filled with various commercials that appear no matter which page you choose to visit. The adverts include pop-ups, banners, sponsored links, interstitial ads, full-page ads and so on. The advertisements are usually labeled “brought by CrossBrowser”, “powered by CrossBrowser” and similar. Keep in mind that these commercials are not all safe. You could be redirected to corrupted sites, if you click on them. That is why we suggest you stay away from all advertising data until you delete CrossBrowser.
In addition to the already mentioned inconveniences, you will also notice JollyWallet pop-ups appearing on your screen. This service as well as the browser itself may be tracking your cookies. The information collected in this way could be sold to third parties or used to personalize the ads you see online. You should know that even personalized adverts can be fake.
How to remove CrossBrowser?
You should terminate CrossBrowser in order to improve your online security level. Luckily, it is not that difficult to do. You can uninstall CrossBrowser via Control Panel or you can use a malware removal tool and clean your system completely. The second option is more efficient, because it allows you to not only eliminate CrossBrowser and other threats from your PC, but also make sure that it stays clean in the future. The anti-malware will provide you with real-time online protection, so you do not have to worry about similar issues again. If, however, you still want to try to remove CrossBrowser manually, you can use the instructions presented below.Download Removal Toolto remove CrossBrowser
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall CrossBrowser Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall CrossBrowser from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.