What is FlashBeat?
FlashBeat is an advertising supported application that is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Since it is identical to PicColor adware, it is probably based on Superfish engine. Even though it has no direct distribution website, users still frequently find this application in their computers. Once the software infiltrates your system, you will immediately notice numerous commercial advertisements as well as the worsened performance of your PC. If you think that this adware infiltrated your computer, we advise to remove FlashBeat.
What does FlashBeat do?
It is not hard to notice this ad-supported application, since it floods all your browsers with various pop-ups, in-text ads, banners, and so on. All these advertisements are presented with the goal to increase traffic to the third parties’ websites. Do not forget that for every click on the sponsored ad, this software generates revenue. Also, you must bear in mind that the program holds no responsibility over the contents of the ads and thus they remain unchecked. Consequently, every time you click the ad, you risk getting infected with malware. Even thought the majority of users decide to get rid of FlashBeat, because they get tired of the constant advertising, the possibility to encounter malicious parties after choosing one of the ads is much more threatening to your computer’s security.
Also, users are normally very unhappy when they find out that the application follows their online activities from the moment it sneaks into their PC. The gathered information (search queries, IP address, geographical location, visited pages, clicks, etc.) is used to personalize the ads. However, it is also shared with the third parties which, as we already said, are unknown. This means that you will never find out for what purposes and who used your data. We recommend to delete FlashBeat.
Bear in mind that you can never trust the software that entered your computer without permission. This adware most likely infiltrated your computer after you clicked a pop-up in a suspicious website which suggested Java or Flash update. The program might have entered your PC bundled with some freeware from unofficial website too. If you often download free software from such sources, choose Advanced or Custom option and monitor every step of the installation process. If this intruder is already in your PC, terminate FlashBeat.
How to remove FlashBeat?
Even though it is possible to remove FlashBeat manually, we recommend to choose automatic option. An authentic and up-to-date computer security software will not only eliminate FlashBeat, but will also protect your computer from similar threats in the future. Since the presence of this adware in your system indicates that you do not have a trustworthy anti-spyware, we recommend to purchase such security tool. Use it to erase FlashBeat and to ensure your systems safety afterwards.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall FlashBeat Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall FlashBeat from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.