What is homepage-web.com?
Homepage-web.com is classified as a browser hijacker that will modify your browsers’ settings. The hijacker is compatible with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. This means that all of these browsers will have a new homepage and default search engine as soon as homepage-web.com reaches the PC. The program will perform these changes without your consent. Therefore, you should stop the annoying activities and remove homepage-web.com without hesitation.
Unfortunately, homepage-web.com removal is more challenging than it may seem from the first glance. You can not delete homepage-web.com through Control Panel. However, do not worry because we have written some helpful tips in the end of the article.
How can homepage-web.com hijack my computer?
The browser hijacker reaches your PC via bundled freeware. This is a fair distribution method that has tricked many computer users in the past. For some reason, many users do not follow the installation process and simply click “next” to all the steps in the installation wizard. However, you should be more careful because many developers promote “bonus programs” in such a way. These advertised applications will be installed to your PC, if you do not deselect them. Also, if you choose the “Recommended”, “Quick” or “Typical” installation settings, you may soon find unwanted programs in your computer as well. These installation modes might download the applications automatically. Therefore, you should always select the “Advanced” or “Custom” installation mode. However, if the hijacker has found a way to your PC already, all you can do now is to uninstall homepage-web.com as soon as possible.
Why do I need to remove homepage-web.com from my computer’s system?
We can assure you that homepage-web.com will flood your computer with a considerable number of ads. You should not trust the search provider either because the advertisements will be also implemented among the search results. The commercial material will be definitely irritating, may slow down your computer, and can lead you to very suspicious websites. You can only get rid of these annoying ads, if you delete homepage-web.com. By keeping the hijacker in your PC, you only risk that your computer will contract even more serious malicious software.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
How can I take care of homepage-web.com removal?
You can eliminate homepage-web.com either manually or automatically. However, we advise that you terminate the hijacker automatically as this is a more reliable method. There might be more undesirable programs that have entered your virtual machine together with homepage-web.com. You need to be an experienced computer user in order to find all of these applications. Hence, it is always better to leave the work to a reputable malware removal program which will definitely detect and erase all the threats.
If you still want to terminate the hijacker manually, you may find our manual removal guide useful. The instructions are provided bellow this article.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Homepage-web.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Homepage-web.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.