What is istartsurf.com?
istartsurf.com is another browser hijacker that behaves in almost the same manner as other applications from Qone8 family. The intruder will infiltrate all major browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox and change settings in all of them which means that for as long as this software stays in your system, you will be unable to trust the provided search results. While it looks useful (allows to quickly access eBay, YouTube, Facebook, etc.), in reality its disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. We advise to delete istartsurf.com and to read the following article in order to learn more about the software.
What does istartsurf.com do?
Some users believe that they can trust the provided search results, because the intruder directs all queries to Google. Unfortunately, we must inform you that the hijacker still manages to alter the original results from Google which means that in between the genuine links, numerous sponsored links will be scattered. While the application itself is not malicious, this type of software is often associated with malicious parties. Needless to say, if you click a link and get directed to a malignant page, you will most likely end up having some kind of virus, Trojan, etc. in your system. The surest way to ensure that such malware does not sneak into your PC is to remove istartsurf.com.
In addition to the changed settings and the constant threat of malware infection, you need to know that the software will perform other nefarious activities too. It considerably slows down the computer and reduces Internet speed. Our researchers also noticed that the software might install IETabPage Class, FastStart, and QuickStart extensions which means that you will need to take care of them too. Furthermore, the application will probably enter your system with browser helper objects to make istartsurf.com removal even more complicated.
To avoid similar infiltrations in the future, make sure to follow freeware installations more closely. Select Advanced or Custom option and peruse software license agreement attentively. If some additional software tries to enter your PC, you should be able to see it in this document. Once you found the undesirable application, deselct it.
How to remove istartsurf.com?
After reading this report, it should be clear that the best decision is to employ a reputable anti-spyware and let it terminate istartsurf.com for you. Bearing in mind that this hijacker is quite complicated and that it probably installed numerous additional programs into your computer already, chances are that at least some of them will be left behind, if you attempt manual istartsurf.com removal. An authentic computer security tool, on the other hand, will erase all the additional software after it eliminates istartsurf.com. All in all, we advise not to waste your time and let the professionals get rid of istartsurf.com.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall istartsurf.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall istartsurf.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.