What is istartsurf virus?
istartsurf virus is a nasty browser hijacker that enters your computer in a clandestine manner and immediately starts suspicious activities. The intruder will change your home page and default search tool in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox which means that you will not be able to avoid it no matter which browser you use. While the altered settings is enough to convince most of the users to get rid of istartsurf virus, the hijacker has many more suspicious features. We advise to read this article to learn more about the intruder and to find out how to terminate istartsurf virus.
What does istartsurf virus do?
At first glance, this intruder may look trustworthy and useful. It presents few quick access buttons to such pages like YouTube, eBay, Facebook, and so on. However, know that istartsurf virus is very similar to such hijackers like V9.com, omiga-plus.com, webssearches.com, and many others. All these applications are quite dangerous and can cause you a lot of troubles. For example, as we already said, it will alter your browsers settings so that it could present you with promoted content. The problem is that hijackers are often associated with cyber criminals and thus, it is possible that after you click the sponsored ad or link, you will be routed to a malicious website and get infected with virus, Trojan, etc. Before that happens, delete istartsurf virus.
One more reason to eliminate istartsurf virus is the fact that it installs additional applications when it enters your system. In most cases, users find a few helper objects which are used to ensure that istartsurf virus removal is difficult. Also, you will probably notice SupTab/IETabPage Class extension in your Internet Explorer, QuickStart extension in Google Chrome, and FastStart extension in Mozilla Firefox. Do not tolerate such unauthorized activities and delete istartsurf virus as well as all the other additional programs.
In the future, in order to protect your system from browser hijackers, you need to monitor every step of freeware installations. Know that unwanted software is often used to monetize free downloads and thus, you need to be very careful. Pick either Advanced or Custom option and do not let suspicious programs sneak in without permission.
How to remove istartsurf virus?
While in some cases it is possible to delete istartsurf virus manually, we suggest to choose automatic option instead. The presence of this software indicates that you do not have a legitimate anti-spyware or it is outdated. The best decision would be to purchase an up-to-date computer security tool and use it to erase istartsurf virus. Do not forget that after istartsurf virus removal, the same anti-spyware will also stay in your computer to safeguard it from other threats in the future.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall istartsurf virus Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall istartsurf virus from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.