What is PlayThru Player?
PlayThru Player is a desktop video player that should allow you to watch YouTube videos without opening your web browser. This may seem like a useful feature, however, you should also keep in mind that the application is classified as potentially unwanted. Although it cannot harm your system on its own, it can expose you to unreliable content. The program is known to insert ads into your browsers that may lead you to corrupted pages. If you want to improve your computer’s safety, we suggest that you get rid of PlayThru Player.
How does PlayThru Player work?
The official site of the application, playthruplayer.com, states that it is based on the idea of “an enjoyable online video viewing experience – without the browser!” The program should allow you to watch videos from your desktop and provide you with a search box that you can use to search for quality content from a variety of channels. The website provides a working download link, so you can download the program from it. However, the application is also distributed with other freeware. If that is how you acquired it, you may have other unwanted programs on your PC. We suggest that you check your system with the free malware scanner provided on our page.
After PlayThru Player gets installed, it creates a playthru player.exe process and adds it to the startup, which allows it to automatically launch every time you turn on your PC. The application displays the media player on your desktop, however, it cannot find or play videos in high quality. This is the main reason why the software is classified as potentially unwanted. It does not follow through on its promises, so there is no point in keeping it installed. We advise that you delete PlayThru Player from your computer without hesitation.
How to remove PlayThru Player?
If you wish to terminate PlayThru Player, you can do it manually or automatically. We recommend going with automatic PlayThru Player removal, especially if you have other unwanted programs on your PC. Download and install the anti-malware tool presented on our page and use it to scan your system. It will detect all potential threats and eliminate PlayThru Player along with them. The security software will also provide you with real-time online protection, so you will not have to worry about other Internet-based infections. If, however, you decide to remove PlayThru Player manually, you are welcome to use the instructions below.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall PlayThru Player Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall PlayThru Player from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.