Search.findwide.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.findwide.com)
Search.findwide.com is a browser hijacker that is associated with FindWide.com toolbar. The browser plugin, also known as Search.us Toolbar, replaces your home page and default search engine as soon as it gets installed. It affects all popular browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. The reason why it makes the browser settings modifications is because the hijacker aims at presenting you with as much commercial data as possible.
Every time you click on one of the provided ads, the developers of the software make profit. It will not be beneficial to you personally. We suggest you terminate Search.findwide.com without hesitation.
How does Search.findwide.com work?
Search.findwide.com, which becomes your home page and default search provider, is a website that contains a search box, search parameters and quick links to your favorite sites like Facebook, Twitter and others. The search results that the engine brings you include sponsored content. We advise against clicking on it as it is not monitored by anyone. The presented links could be fake and they may lead you to corrupted sites. The same goes for other adverts that you may encounter while browsing the Web. Stay away from all commercial content until you delete Search.findwide.com.
As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker is a part of FindWide.com Toolbar. It is described as a tool that will provide you with the most relevant search results taken from various search engines. You can download the application yourself, however, it could also enter computer with the help of freeware bundles. If that is how you acquired it, you need to be especially careful, because you may have other unwanted programs on your PC. Next time you download free software, pay attention to every step of its installation wizard and decline all additional offers presented to you.
How to remove Search.findwide.com?
In order to eliminate Search.findwide.com, you will have to delete the program to which it belongs and then reset your browsers. This can be done manually or automatically. We recommend automatic Search.findwide.com removal, because it will allow you to not only remove Search.findwide.com, but also remove other potential threats from your PC. The anti-malware will scan your system, detect all issues and delete Search.findwide.com along with them. You will not have to worry about similar infections in the future, as the security utility will provide you with real-time online protection.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Search.findwide.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Search.findwide.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.