What is Search.inkeepr.com?
Search.inkeepr.com is a browser hijacker that will take over your web browsers and change their settings without your permission. It travels bundled with freeware and shareware and can infiltrate your system without your notice. The hijacker aims at exposing you to as much commercial data as possible. It redirects you to unknown pages, inserts adverts into your visited sites, adds sponsored links to your search results and so on. There is nothing beneficial about the program no matter what its description may say. We suggest that you get rid of Search.inkeepr.com as soon as you can.
How does Search.inkeepr.com work?
Search.inkeepr.com affects all browsers. It hijacks their home page and default search engine switching them to Search.inkeepr.com. The website does not look any different from other search pages. It states that SearchSafe does not track your searches, which is rather doubtful. The search results may include various ads and sponsored links. Other commercials may appear on your favorite pages as well. You will see pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, interstitial ads, video ads and so on. Do not click on any of the commercial content provided to you by the hijacker. It is not checked by anyone and could easily be fake. Make sure you keep your system safe by staying away from it until you delete Search.inkeepr.com.
It is most likely that you acquired Search.inkeepr.com along with a potentially unwanted application that came in a freeware bundle. Free software usually comes with additional programs that are used to generate web traffic. These programs are presented as optional offers, however, most of the time computer users agree to installing them without realizing it. Next time you install freeware be sure to check all additional offers and decline them. That way you will be able to keep your computer protected from unnecessary ad-supported applications.
How to remove Search.inkeepr.com?
You should not tolerate the disturbances caused by the hijacker. The sooner you terminate Search.inkeepr.com, the sooner you can go back to normal uninterrupted web browsing. There are two ways you can deal with the unwanted software. You can eliminate Search.inkeepr.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s associated program and then restore your browser settings. More detailed instructions are provided below. If, however, you want to complete automatic Search.inkeepr.com removal, you can download the anti-malware tool presented on this page and use it clean your PC. The utility will scan your system, detect all threats and delete Search.inkeepr.com along with them. Your computer will be safe and protected at all times.
Manual Search.inkeepr.com removal guide
1. Uninstall Search.inkeepr.com related program:
- Charm bar → Settings → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista
- Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Uninstall the unwanted software
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs
- Click on the program and select Remove
2. Restore your browser settings:
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset
- Check Delete personal settings, click Reset and Close
- Menu → Question mark → Firefox Help → Refresh Firefox
- Select Refresh Firefox and click Finish
- Chrome menu → Settings → Show Advanced Settings
- Choose Reset settings and click Reset
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.