Serfsearch.com Removal Tips
Computer experts classify Serfsearch.com as a browser hijacker that enters your computer without permission and immediately changes home page and default search engine. If you have never heard about this software before, know that it is identical to Taplika, Astromenda, Vosteran, and Binkiland hijackers and thus you need to remove Serfsearch.com as soon as possible. In addition to the altered browser settings, it will also worsen the general performance of your system and reduce Internet speed.
Furthermore, you will start seeing numerous annoying and dangerous advertisements in all the windows that you open. We recommend not to wait until this intruder exposes you to malicious content and delete Serfsearch.com.
How does Serfsearch.com work?
First of all, you should know how this software managed to infiltrate your system, otherwise, soon you will have to perform Serfsearch.com removal again. According to our researchers, in most cases hijackers are distributed in freeware bundles. This happens to the users who often download free programs from unreliable pages. If you also use such sources, we advise to be more attentive during the installations in the future. Always pick Advanced or Custom option and read the End User License Agreement. In this document, look for the additional software and click the Decline button next to it.
As we said, as soon as it enters a new system, the hijacker alters the home page and search engine. Understand that the new search tool is provided so that you could be directed to promoted pages. Every time you perform a search, you will be presented with sponsored links. If you click one of them, you may find yourself in a malicious website controlled by cyber criminals which, needless to say, would lead to malware infection. Do not take such risks with your computer’s safety and terminate Serfsearch.com at once.
While the threat of malware infection is certainly scary, users often are even more motivated to uninstall Serfsearch.com, when they find out that the application spies on them. Hijacker collects such data like your search queries browsing history, clicks, etc. and shares it with the third parties which means that anyone can access your information. We advise to eliminate Serfsearch.com right now.
How to remove Serfsearch.com?
If this article managed to convince you that it is in your best interests to erase Serfsearch.com, we suggest not to delay any longer. Employ a reputable and up-to-date anti-spyware and let it clean your system. You should also be happy, because after an authentic computer security tool that can delete Serfsearch.com, it will stay to safeguard your PC from other threats. We do not recommend to attempt manual Serfsearch.com removal. In cases when such method is used, users often leave some of the intruder’s files behind.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Serfsearch.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Serfsearch.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.