Start.alawar.com Removal Instructions
Created by Alawar Entertainment in 2013, Start.alawar.com is a highly unreliable search provider classified as a browser hijacker. The simple fact that the application was developed by the online gaming company indicates that it will attempt to direct users to predetermined sites.
Also, upon entering your PC this software will alter home page, new tab page, and default search engine in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. While the website itself is not malicious, we warn you that it may route you to suspicious pages where you may encounter cyber crooks and get infected with malware. The best decision would be to delete Start.alawar.com.
What does Start.alawar.com do?
Start.alawar.com affects user’s computer, the same way other hijackers do. Once it infiltrates your system, the intruder will slow down your PC and reduce Internet speed. Many also notice that computer becomes less responsive. Furthermore, you will be forced to observe the never ending flow of advertisements in practically all the windows that you open. The banners, in-text ads, pop-ups, etc. will disappear only after you terminate Start.alawar.com.
At first glance the search tool may look reliable, however we warn you not to trust it. Though the engine claims to be powered by Bing, there is a great possibility that the presented links belong to the promoted parties and thus, can be suspicious. Needless to say, if you end up in a malicious page, you will most likely get infected with some kind of malware. We probably do not need to explain to you that it will be much harder to get rid of a virus, Trojan, keylogger, etc. In addition to all of this, you should also know that the hijacker collects your data and later shares it with the same unknown and unreliable third parties which basically means that anyone can access your information. Do not postpone and uninstall Start.alawar.com ASAP.
To make sure that similar intruder does not enter your PC again, you need to understand how exactly it sneaked into your system. Know that hijackers usually slither into a computer during free program installations. In the future, pay more attention to freeware downloads and always select Advanced or Custom option. Also, do not forget to read the entire End User License Agreement and deselect the additional applications.
How to remove Start.alawar.com?
If you wish to delete Start.alawar.com completely, we urge you to choose automatic option. Even thought some users prefer to remove Start.alawar.com manually, know that there is always a big chance that some parts of the hijacker will be left behind. The best decision would be to purchase an up-to-date computer security application and let it deal with Start.alawar.com removal. However, you must remember that only an authentic anti-spyware will be ale to clean your PC and make sure it stays safe after Start.alawar.com removal.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Start.alawar.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Start.alawar.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.