What is Top8844.com?
Top8844.com is a Brazilian browser hijacker which is basically a newer version of gamegogle.com, jogostempo.com, and 123rede.com. Its main page is filled with numerous quick access buttons and while some of them will direct you to popular websites (Facebook, twitter, etc.), after clicking others you may find yourself in suspicious pages. If the hijacker enters your computer, you can be sure that it will take over your home page and default search engine in all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. In the following article, we will explain why we strongly recommend to remove Top8844.com.
What does Top8844.com do?
Once this browser hijacker enters your PC, it will alter your browser settings. We warn you that you will not be able to trust the provided search tool or its presented results, because they will be mixed with sponsored links. Know that the main aim of this software is to direct traffic to the promoted pages and to increase their ranking. The creators of this hijacker earn money every time you click a predetermined link. This system is called ‘pay-per-click’ and it ensures that the intruder will do everything to make you choose those links. Bear in mind that after tapping such link, you may end up in a malicious site. Hijackers are often associated with suspicious parties, so you should be very careful. The best decision would be to terminate Top8844.com.
In addition to the changed settings and the possibility to get infected with malware, you will also notice that the hijacker has negative influence on your computer’s general performance. The machine will become slower and your Internet speed will be reduced as well. Furthermore, you will not be able to avoid the annoying and distracting ads which may be just as dangerous as the sponsored links in your search results. We advise to get rid of Top8844.com.
However, before you take care of Top8844.com removal, you should understand how the software managed to sneak in. According to our research team, the intruder entered your computer bundled with freeware. This type of distribution method is called ‘bundling’ and is successfully used to spread multiple potentially unwanted applications. To protect your PC from such infiltrations, you need to pay more attention to freeware installation procedures or use only original sources.
How to remove Top8844.com Automatically?
If you carefully read this article, it should be obvious that the wisest decision is to eliminate Top8844.com. While some users attempt manual Top8844.com removal, we do not recommend you to follow their example. This hijacker is quite complicated and chances are that at least some of its files will be left behind. Instead, we advise to purchase a reputable anti-spyware and let it uninstall Top8844.com for you. You will be happy to know that the same tool will also stay in your computer to protect it after Top8844.com removal is complete.Download Removal Toolto remove Top8844.com
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Top8844.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Top8844.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.