What is websearch.hotsearches.info?
websearch.hotsearches.info is a browser hijacker that enters your system in a clandestine manner and immediately starts numerous suspicious activities. Once the application infiltrates your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, it will alter your home page and default search engine. Remember that the main goal of this type of software is to increase traffic to the affiliate parties’ pages and thus, it will present you with sponsored links and ads. If you suspect that you have this hijacker in your PC, we advise to remove websearch.hotsearches.info at once, because it is not only an annoying software, but also a very dangerous one.
How did websearch.hotsearches.info enter your PC?
The distribution method used by this and other similar hijackers is called ‘bundling’ and is used by unofficial pages to monetize free downloads. Since users almost never follow the installation process, this method is very successful. If you do not wish to find potentially unwanted applications in your computer, we recommend to choose Advanced or Custom installation option instead of Quick or Typical. The two former options will let you follow every step of the process and deselect all the additional programs.
What does websearch.hotsearches.info do?
If the hijacker still managed to sneak in, you will immediately notice the changed settings. We warn you that the presented search tool will provide you with sponsored search results, so that after clicking them you would help it boost traffic to promoted websites. Known that hijackers are often associated with malicious parties and thus, after choosing the sponsored link, you may be rooted to a malignant page. If you encounter cyber criminals, they will definitely use an opportunity to infect a new system with malware. Before that happens, eliminate websearch.hotsearches.info.
However, the threat of malware infection is not the only reason you need to take care of websearch.hotsearches.info removal. The hijacker will also show you multiple annoying and distracting advertisements. Also, it will slow down your system and collect/sell your information. According to the users, when the hijacker situates itself in a new PC, their Internet connection become slower as well. Obviously, this software brings you no benefits while causing multiple problems. Delete websearch.hotsearches.info at once.
How to remove websearch.hotsearches.info?
In order to get rid of websearch.hotsearches.info, you need to employ an up-to-date and legitimate anti-spyware. Bear in mind that only an authentic tool will be able to terminate websearch.hotsearches.info and clean your entire computer from all the other undesirable files. Furthermore, the same computer security software will also stay to protect your system after websearch.hotsearches.info removal is complete. Do not delay any longer and erase websearch.hotsearches.info from your PC immediately.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall websearch.hotsearches.info Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall websearch.hotsearches.info from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.