What is Search.MyTelevisionXp.com?
Search.MyTelevisionXp.com falls into the category of browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). This malicious hijacker infiltrates your computer system and changes your default homepage and search provider into Search.MyTelevisionXp.com. Of course, no user would let things like that happen intentionally – the PUP enters the PC silently and does everything without the user’s knowledge or permission. It is a must that you remove Search.MyTelevisionXp.com if you want to avoid future difficulties: the application is quite dangerous and should not be kept on your PC for any longer.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
Why is Search.MyTelevisionXp.com dangerous to my computer?
Well, first of all, the browser hijacker is sponsored by third-party ads. This means that the creators of this malicious application earn profit every time you click on an advertisement. It is very likely to happen because the engine displays a lot of ads. You will encounter pop-ups, banners, coupons, discount suggestions, in-text ads and many other types of advertisements. Our security experts strongly advise you not to click on any of them – this is not only dangerous, but can also be fatal to your computer. The websites that the ads redirect you to can be controlled by people who want to spread digital infections. For example, you can accidentally download various types of malware, Trojan horses, viruses, or PUPs. Moreover, the browser hijacker is able to track your search history, that’s why the ads displayed can greatly resemble your interests. Some users can get deceived by this and click them without suspicion. It is even possible to lose personally-identifiable information in this way. Having heard all of this, delete Search.MyTelevisionXp.com so that you and your PC would be safe.
How did I get infected with Search.MyTelevisionXp.com?
The browser hijacker is able to sneak into your PC system in bundles. It is usually bundled with free software that you can download from pages such as softonic.com or filewin.com. It is the installation process that is the most dangerous part. During it, you may be asked to choose the type of installation. Always opt for Advanced or Custom types, but not, for example, the Recommended one. In this way, you may be given the option to uncheck the applications that you don’t want to install. However, it is better to avoid such freeware completely and use only official sites that carry no threat. So, now you have to just simply uninstall Search.MyTelevisionXp.com and be careful.
How to safely remove Search.MyTelevisionXp.com from my PC?
The user can eliminate this unwanted application either manually or automatically. The manual Search.MyTelevisionXp.com removal should not be that difficult for those who have some computer knowledge. On the other hand, it won’t get rid of various viruses and malware that may have entered your PC. All in all, the automatic removal should be the best option for everyone.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Search.MyTelevisionXp.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall Search.MyTelevisionXp.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.