What is Search.oursafesearch.com?
Search.oursafesearch.com is a browser hijacker that is identical to Search.coolersearc.com, Search.searcinsocial.com, Search.mysearchengine.com, and some others. There are several reasons why it is classified as a hijacker. One of them is the fact that it gets distributed with the help of freeware and shareware bundles. Once in the system, the hijacker alters settings in all of your browsers. It also installs third party browser plugins that prevent you from deleting the unwanted program. There is nothing useful about the application, so there is no reason why you should tolerate its drawbacks. We suggest that you delete Search.oursafesearch.com without hesitation.
How does Search.oursafesearch.com work?
The hijacker changes your settings as soon as it gets access to your system. It replaces your home page, new tab and default search engine with Search.oursafesearch.com. This website contains links to Virustotal.com and Speedtest.net. The latter site contains lots of suspicious ads. Your new home page also has a search box, which reroutes you to Plusnetwork.com. The results presented on this page will contain sponsored links and ads, which should be avoided. There is no reason to trust Plusnetwork.com, especially considering the fact that when you open this site, it shows you a fake advert of a potentially unwanted application called Reimage. If you want to eliminate unreliable advertisements from your browsers, you will have to get rid of Search.oursafesearch.com.
In case you are wondering how is it that you ended up with the unwanted hijacker in the first place, you should try to remember what software you have recently downloaded. The hijacker tends to travel bundled with untrustworthy downloaders from third party software hosting sites like downthat.com, and others. We urge you not to download software from unreliable sources, however, if you do, pay attention to every step of the installation wizard and decline all additional offers.
How to remove Search.oursafesearch.com?
There is no question that you should terminate Search.oursafesearch.com. You can choose from two options – manual or automatic removal. If you want to eliminate Search.oursafesearch.com manually, you will have to delete its associated program from your PC and then restore your browser settings. If you need more detailed instructions, you can follow the ones provided below. Alternative solution is to remove Search.oursafesearch.com automatically. This can be done with the help of the anti-malware utility presented our page. The malware prevention and removal tool will perform a system scan, detect potential threats and erase Search.oursafesearch.com completely. You will not have to worry about similar issues again as the security tool will provide you with ultimate online protection as long as you keep it installed.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall search.oursafesearch.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall search.oursafesearch.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.