What is search.speedbit.com?
Search.speedbit.com can be classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Although it is not a virus, it still carries a threat to your computer because of all the other dangers it can bring along. Remove search.speedbit.com from your computer now if you don’t want to let it cause damage to your PC. Search.speedbit browser hijacker replaces your search engine with search.speedbit.com and does not allow you to restore the engine so easily. It changes your browser settings without your permission and it brings Speedbit toolbar along, and this can be enough evidence for you to delete search.speedbit.com from your system – nobody wants any outsiders to infiltrate their PC.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
Why can search.speedbit.com be dangerous to my computer?
Search.speedbit.com is dangerous because of various reasons. First of all, it can change the homepage of any browser, no matter if you use Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox. The search engine will be replaced by search.speedbit.com thus leading you to various risks. The browser hijacker changes the security settings of your browser and produces various pop-up ads. Why would pop-up adds be so dangerous, you might ask? You see, once clicked, they lead to suspicious third-party sites that can infect your computer with various viruses and malware. Moreover, you can experience constant redirecting to various websites that can also be abundant with ads and sponsored links. If a user is not careful and clicks on many ads, his/her PC can get infected with much malware and viruses. If your PC is crammed with such content, you may experience slower Internet and computer speed. If there is too much malware in your system, it can even crash. Uninstall search.speedbit.com browser hijacker if you don’t want to experience any of this.
How did I get search.speedbit.com to my PC?
The most likely way to get search.speedbit.com browser hijacker is visiting infected websites and pressing their suspicious links. Another common way is downloading free software from unofficial websites. When you download free programs from the Internet, our security team advises you to always read the terms and conditions before pressing Agree. In many cases, the terms state that a new search engine will be installed in your computer so reading them is likely to prevent you from such infections as search.speedbit.com. If you have already accidentally installed this browser hijacker, remove search.speedbit from you PC now.
How to remove search.speedbit.com from my computer?
Search.speedbit.com removal can be done best by a reliable anti-spyware and anti-malware tool. A good program will not only remove search.speedbit.com hijacker, but also all the files and malware that the hijacker has brought along.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall search.speedbit.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall search.speedbit.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.