What is V9.com?
V9.com is a browser hijacker that functions in a similar manner to Qone8.com, Delta-Homes.com, Portaldosites.com and other hijackers that belong to the same group. It enters your computer without your notice and alters your browser settings. The hijacker may look like a legitimate search engine, but its main purpose is to generate web traffic by rerouting you to its associated pages. This is how its developers make profit. They are not exactly concerned with your convenience or your online security. That is why we recommend that you waste no time and terminate V9.com right away.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.
How does V9.com work?
V9.com belongs to a company called Beijing ELEX Technology Co. Ltd. It has a variety of similar hijackers that work in the same way. They enter your PC and alter your home page and default search provider without your permission. V9.com is no different. The website appears on your screen every time you go online. It contains a search box, quick access links and unreliable ads. You should avoid clicking on any of its features, because there is no way to know which page they will redirect you to. The fake ads that appear at the bottom of the page may promote suspicious gaming sites, bogus updates, lotteries, surveys and so on.
The search engine that is now set as your default one should not be trusted either. The results that it is presents you with include sponsored ads and links. We do not recommend clicking on these links as they may also lead you to unreliable websites. If you end up on a corrupted page, you risk infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious software. Online security should be a priority to all users, which is why you should not delay V9.com removal.
How to remove V9.com?
You can delete V9.com from your browsers by choosing one of two options: manual or automatic removal. If you choose manual V9.com removal, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s associated application and restore your browser settings. In case you are not sure how to do that, you can use the instructions we have prepared below. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware tool provided on our site and use it to scan your your PC. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to erase V9.com and other unwanted programs that the utility detects. Moreover, you will also be able to surf the Web without worrying about other online infections as the security software also works as a malware prevention tool.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall V9.com Application
Delete from Windows 8
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Erase from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall it.
Remove from Windows XP
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Select it and click Remove.
Step 2. Uninstall V9.com from Your Web Browsers
Get rid from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and click it.
- Click Reset again.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and click Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.